Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hine, I wish i really was from outer space

I absolutely adore Thomas Hine. He tells us teenagers are lazy and crazy, and any other word that ends in -azy. Then he flips and is almost going "hahaha, no actually the adults just wish they were still young, you're fine you awesome teenagers." :D love it. To be honest, thought, he does say something I totally agree with. Teenagers every year top the "craziest" story of the year before. "On the night of June 6, 1997, an eighteen-year-old woman from Fork River, New Jersey, gave birth to a six-pound-six-ounce baby boy in the women's rest room of the catering hall where her high school senior prom was taking place. Her son was found dead, tied in a plastic bag in a trash can in the lavatory where he was born. His mother, meanwhile, was dancing, smiling, and to all outward appearances, enjoying what's supposed to be a magical night." FTW???!!! That is quite insane, but it is also the exception. I look at my "teen years" and I listened to rock music, did my stint smoking pot (got over that quickly), and smoked cigarettes. I did great in school, I never skipped, my parents trusted me, I was not a bad kid. And that is the general truth. There are bad parents, there are bad kids, don't blame it on a set of ages. Everyone is so quick to say that those teenagers are out of control. Because of one story? really? I'm sure any generation of teens can find one horrible, shocking story of the previous generation. When they assume that all teenagers are the same off the wall, insane, naive group, who really is the naive ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment