Sunday, April 5, 2009

Prep, mmm... tasty

Prep did little for my apetite, it was like pork fried rice, I was hungry later. But I liked what it was saying. It definately fit into my photography project (I know I havent done the Lauren Greenfield post yet, but I guess thats the one good part of catching up, you can connect more). Sittenfeld questions the "normal teenage life." You are either in or out, there is no inbetween, so you better find out what's cool and conform. I mean, if you are out, then you are nobody. Individuality is for people that aren't good enough to be with the cool kids. Ok, I really almost threw up there. UGH! I hate the media filled bitch slap of forced normal teenage life. Mine had nothing of normalicy. Media tells us that we should be having fun all the time, with our horde of friends, and our boyfriends/girlfriends, and having sex, and getting all the latest fashions. (dry heave) I worked pretty much full time since I was sixteen, had a string of very short lived relationships and wasn't having sex at the time. My friends consisted of our tight group of about 5 people and we hung out when we had time with our nameless threads diggin the fact that our Walmart shirts are full of smoke smells from our fire and damn it, dan set his shoes on fire with citronella again. I wish more people realized the lie that media feeds us as they tell us what is a "normal" life. Not all of us live on a creek, Dawson.

No comments:

Post a Comment